The Beauty Products That You Are Putting on Your Skin are Making you Sick
It is our mission and promise to our customers to bring the safest, and most natural, organic beauty products available in the market. Why is this important? It is important because it is about your health. Most products sold in retail chains are toxic. The beauty industry is not heavily regulated by the FDA and therefore, companies can create formulas without having to disclose all the ingredients utilized in the manufacturing process of these products.
If you shop in major retail companies like Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, Target, Ride Aid or CVS, you need to pay close attention! Next time you go shopping for your face cream, shampoo or tooth paste, I invite you to take a look at the ingredient list. Do your own research and you will find out how harmful these ingredients are for the human body and your health.
My rule is this: if I can easily pronounce the ingredient, it is a good choice. Also, if I can eat the ingredient, then it is safe to put it on my skin. I am not sure where the disconnection happened for us, humans, but the grand majority of us do not realize that the skin is the largest organ in the body and everything you put on your skin, is easily absorbed and goes directly into your blood stream. Just like that! No filters! These harmful toxins are running freely inside your body causing havoc and eventually, making you sick.
There are a ton of harmful ingredients that are simply not good for your health. In the beginning, navigating which ingredient to avoid can be tough, especially when you can’t even pronounce them. However, a few seem to be more common than others and I have come up with the list of 5 toxic skincare ingredients I came across the most.
Ready to dig your own beauty cabinet and see what’s in there?
1. Parabens help preserve shelve life of products. It can mimic estrogen in the body, disrupting our delicate hormonal balance
2. Phthalates are used to soften and increase flexibility of plastic in cosmetics. It is a serious endocrine disruptor
3. Fragrance includes tons of chemicals that can cause allergies, hormone disruption and lead to very serious health problems such as reproductive issues and infertility
4. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) known to cause skin irritation and allergies
5. Synthetic Colors (FD&C or D&C) derived from petroleum or coal. They are human carcigonen, skin irritant, and linked to HDAD.
Other harmful ingredients are: Aluminum, DEA - Diethanolamine, MEA - Monoethanolamine, and TEA - Triethanolamine, mineral oil, PEG, Siloxanes, & Triclosan.
Your health is your most valuable asset. Educate yourself so you can make better decisions for you and your family. Education is power. We at Earth's Elements, are here to support you. Please come to our stores and check out our new organic beauty products.