Crystals definitely pick up the energy of the environment. They can hold negative frequencies once they are used for a period of time. It is important for you to cleanse and recharge your crystals often.
I want to make a reference about Selenite because SELENITE is the only crystal you do not have to cleanse. As a matter of fact, selenite can help you cleanse and recharge other crystals too. This is how powerful this crystal really is. The only thing you have to do is set your crystals around the selenite piece and your crystals will be returned to the most optimal level.
There are many ways you can cleanse your crystals:
Your intention really is everything. We are so powerful in so many ways and having clear intentions create change in the physical world. Intentions are what you desire and project.
The book High Vibe Crystal Healing talks about positive thoughts that can clear lower energy vibes around you and your crystals. This is a very interesting theory and can be applicable to so many different areas in our lives.
Here are a few ways you can cleanse your crystals: this will allow you to remove any unwanted and stale energy that may have accumulated over time.
- You can put them in soil. Have you ever heard about earthing? Earthing is known as grounding and refers to the contact with the Earth’s surface electrons by walking barefoot outside or sitting. This transfers energy from the ground into the person’s body. The same you can do with crystals. When you put them in soil, it is one of the most effective ways to return the crystals energy to its original intent. Reconnecting crystals with the earth is a great way to enhance and re-activate them.
- You can put them under the sun. Energizing your crystals with the energy of the sun is a great idea. You do not have to do this over a long period of time because this can fade some crystals specially the quartz family. The rays of the sun are so powerful and full of energy and life. Putting the crystals under the sun for a short period energize them in a very powerful way.
- You can use salt water: Mix a table spoon of sea salt into a bowl of water. Salt is probably one of the most effective ways to dispel negative energies. As a matter of fact, you can also take a bath in salt water to cleanse your energy field. Salt is naturally cleansing. Leave your crystals in water for a day and the salt will work its cleansing magic
- You can put them under the rays of the full moon: Your crystals can be charged and cleansed of negative vibes with the moon’s energy. Most people take advantage of the full moon to place their crystals outside and allow them to absorb the rays of the moon.
- You can smudge them with Palo Santo or sage. Smudging has been used by many cultures around the world to dispel negative energies. It is one of the most powerful tools you can use to clear negative energy from your home and also crystals. The smoke of plants have many healing and detoxification powers.