The Benefits of Using Sage to Cleanse Your Space
What is Sage?
The word sage stems from the Latin word salvia, which translates to “healthy” or “to heal.” Studies have shown that burning sage increases clarity and awareness, heightens wisdom, improves moods and enhances the memory and quickens the senses.
What is Smudging?
Smudging (burning herbs and plant resins for medicinal and spiritual use) has been utilized since ancient times for healing and to clear the buildup of emotional or spiritual negativity.
There are great benefits to the rituals that the Native Americans (along with many other indigenous groups) have inherently known of and practiced with faith throughout time. Our white sage smudge sticks help banish negative energies and reinforce positive intent.
Benefits of Burning Sage & Smudging
Burning sage and smudging can invite positive energy into your home and cleans your space.
- It can clear the air of impurities, bacteria, and allergens, creating a healthier environment.
- Sage smudging can reduce stress, enhance mental clarity, and elevate mood, fostering a sense of tranquility and positivity.
- The cleansing process encourages mindfulness, allowing you to focus on your intention and create a sacred, purified space in your home.
When Should You Burn Sage?
If you work with a lot of people, in a job where you’re interacting with various personalities a lot, shaking hands, traveling, then saging off on a regular basis can help keep your energetic body in balance. We recommend you focus on the areas of homes or offices that are the most highly trafficked rooms. “This is where people’s energy is gathering, so you want to diffuse the space.”
How to Cleanse your House with Sage
Is your space feeling a bit stagnant? Build ups of negative energy can cause the vibes in a room or home to spiral downhill promoting the energy of depletion, low motivation, and brewing frustrations.
Cleansing and protecting your space with crystals and herbs is a very powerful practice that can make a huge difference in your life.
Our recommendation: you can use sage, abalone shell, Lemurian quartz
- Open a door or window as the unwanted energy you are trying to clear must have a pathway to get out
- Set an intention for your cleaning. Ask yourself: what energies do you want to get rid off right now?
- Use an abalone shell to hold the sage in and then use a feather to fan and spread the smoke around the space when burning sage.
Get Started Today
Are you ready to experience the transformative power of sage smudging for yourself? Take that first step towards a refreshed, harmonious living environment and explore our shop for a wide range of sage smudging supplies and tools to begin your cleansing journey.
Embrace the benefits of smudging, elevate your surroundings, and take the opportunity to create a sacred space where positivity flourishes.
Earths Elements has everything you need to make this ancient practice a part of your modern life.