How to Use A Sound Bowl for Healing
In our fast-paced world, where stress and anxiety often reign, ancient practices like using sound bowls can help ground us in our lives. Sound bowls, also known as singing bowls or Tibetan bowls, offer a path to serenity and self-discovery through sound therapy. Dive into the transformative potential of sound bowls for healing. Discover how these mystical instruments can help you find balance, healing, and a deeper connection to your inner self.
Explore our SOUND HEALING Collection
History of Singing Bowls
Singing bowls have been used for thousands of years for their therapeutic value. To understand how sound can improve your health you must first see yourself as a spirit (energy), with a Divine design and specific vibration. The body is an instrument and each energy center or chakra in the body represents a note (vibration) in the music scale. As the vibration from the sound of the singing bowl runs through your body, it is calibrating your chakras to run at their most optimal tone.
How Do Sound Bowls Work?
Sound bowls work through the resonance and vibrations they produce when played. Typically made from metal alloys, sound bowls are designed to create a unique, harmonic sound when struck with a mallet or played with a circular motion along their rim.
However, this sound is more than just auditory; it also generates vibrational frequencies that interact with our body's energy centers. These vibrations have the potential to realign and harmonize our energy, promoting relaxation and well-being. When played with intention and mindfulness, sound bowls can help to clear blockages, reduce stress, and create a sense of inner peace, making them a powerful tool for healing.
How Do Crystal Bowls Heal?
This is how a crystal bowl heals you: if your throat chakra is “out of balance” for example, it can manifest in the physical body as a sore throat, laryngitis, thyroid issues, mouth disease, tonsillitis, throat cancer, etc. In holistic medicine, singing bowls are widely used to recalibrate the chakras and balance the imbalances. We all have a divine blueprint or design and the sound of the bowl aligns us to our blueprints. Our blueprints infuse into the physiology of our human bodies through the nervous system. When our chakras are aligned, they assist our bodies in returning to their original perfection. We are talking about the quantum level of our being. Singing bowls are here to help you raise your consciousness and heal you.
How to Use a Singing Bowl
- Set Your Space: Find a quiet, peaceful place for your practice, free of distraction allowing you to devote your attention to your mind.
- Intention: Decide your purpose for the session, be it relaxation, meditation, healing, etc.
- Play the Bowl: Gently strike the bowl edge with the mallet to produce a clear, resonant tone for the starting point of your practice. Next, create a continuous motion in a circular fashion with the mallet around the rim, keeping the pressure and speedy steady.
- Mindful Focus: Listen to the sound of bowl ‘singing’ and feel the vibrations, while keeping your intention in mind. Focus your awareness on the experience.
- Closure: Gently slow down the motion until the sound fades, then take a moment to reflect on the peaceful state you’ve achieved. Sit in stillness for a few moments to reflect before resuming your day.
Benefits of Singing Bowls
Singing bowls help to release what no longer serves you in your life as well as assist in manifesting your intentions. When your energy field is aligned and in balance, it will be reflected in what you manifest. A singing bowl can offer you the experience of the whole universe opening up, and prepare your mind for meditation.
Where to Buy Crystal Sound Bowls
At Earth’s Elements, we offer a wide range of Tibetan Musical instruments and crystal bowls for healing and wellness. Sound frequencies can be incredibly effective tools to uplift the energy in your body and clear out any negativity. Bring a little touch of enlightenment and peace to your living space. Come by the store anytime and let us assist you in picking the right singing bowl for you.Explore our SOUND HEALING Collection